The Metropolitan Park of Santiago


I think the city of Santiago has several nice places, for example: Equestrian Club, Hipodromo Chile, General Cemetery, Forest Park, “Quinta Normal”, O'Higgins Park, Mahuidahue Park, Metropolitan Park, Mount St. Lucia, "La vega", Central Market , “La Recoleta Domica”, Brazil neighborhood, etc,. My favourite place is “The Metropolitan Park of Santiago” is popularly referred to as San Cristobal Hill.

The park offers areas for picnics , swimming pools, viewpoints with the best views of the city beautiful gardens and hiking, international restaurant, crafts centers, children playgrounds and a zoo.

The first place I visited in this park was in Santiago's Metropolitan Zoo. Remember I saw the elephant "Fresia", was the most emblematic animal of the zoo. I enjoyed watching and learning about many different animals. I loved reached by a funicular.


Other fun activity is go to the Tupahue swimming pool during the summer. I love this place for I meet to sunbathe and share some pleasant time with my friends.

This place is fantastic ! , you can practice outdoor sport, for example, trekking, run, cycling. I prefer the trekking from Pio Nono to finish the top of the mountain. This place is crowned by a giant statue of The Virgen de la Inmaculada Concepcion. I relish the view of the city from the terrace balcony under this image. Worth to visit it!!

1 comment:

  1. The metropolitan park! is beautiful!
    a few weeks ago I met him a place then, the Garden Mapulemu, I loved the place.
    =)

    ReplyDelete