About Santiago



I was born in Santiago and always I lived here. I think I'm used to this life.
In this city, I have all the services I need: The best medical centers in the country, the largest universities and many commercial and cultural centers. Also, there are many places of entertainment: restaurants, cinemas and many bars. I like to visit beautiful and nice places, for example: Hipodromo Chile, Forestal Park, “Quinta Normal”, O'Higgins Park, Mahuidahue, Central Market, etc, but the most important reason for me to live in this city is because my friends and family live here. If I would not live here, I would not see them.

I dislike this city because there are many poorly planned buildings and streets, for example, the building in the intersection of Puente Street and Catedral Street breaks with the architecture of the place.

Another thing I dislike is public transportation. This is possible to use until 11 p.m. approximately. After that time the transports practically disappear and the streets become dangerous, this seems a "curfew". In addition, you can not ride a bicycle in this city, there are few cycle paths and those are not respected by the people.

In this city people go in a hurry always. Some people are much altered. In addition there is little communication between people; usually you do not know your neighbors. If i could change something about the city, I would like people to know more, so this city would be safer.

Now, If you visit Santiago I would suggest you were to eat the seafood central market, and to know the city you can visit the old town. I recommend you visit Pablo Neruda’s House called "La Chascona". Worth to visit it!

If you want some entertainment, you can go to Barrio Bellavista, you will find many pubs, discos and cultural centers. But if you go to a bar typical Chilean urban popular culture, you can visit "The Piojera".

1 comment:

  1. Pamela,

    Quinta Normal!!!

    brings back childhood memories, I was going to play there, I loved the lagoon.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete