Don Quixote By Pablo Picasso


I do not know much about art pieces, I like more other art forms, for example; music, magic and dance. I will comment about an art piece, that I love, called "Don Quixote of La Mancha". This is an sketch of 1955 painted by Pablo Picasso, an exponent of cubism art movement. In this painting are Don Quixote, his horse Rocinante, his squire Sancho Panza and his donkey Dapple, the sun, and several windmills.

Although I have never read the book, due to it’s very boring old castilian language. When I was in first grade of secondary, I saw some video chapters of Don Quixote, I liked theirs characters. Then the first time I saw this painting was in second grade high school language class. I loved it!

I like this art piece, on one hand because it represents Don Quixote and Sancho Panza two very opposite characters. Sancho Panza through history that gradually turned "Quixotize" and that Don Quixote turned seemed to Sancho. Also I like the bravery and courage of Don Quixote and he always wants to defend the justice.

On the other hand, I like the simplicity of this painting monochromatic on which the artist used only one color. This sketch illustrates a lot of movement on the painting. This work break with the traditional painting, the perspective disappearing traditional art. In my opinion, this is very similar to the way a child's drawing, but with more technical.

I love this painting very much, I have a table with the blade of this art piece in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment